Responsible for driving IT outcomes for clients, through the design, implementation and support of reliable and secure datacenter server, storage and network infrastructures. Key technology platform components include VMware, Microsoft Windows, enterprise storage platforms (NetApp, Pure, Nimble), Cisco firewall, routing, switching and wireless networking technologies Reports to: VP, Service Delivery.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with client information technology associates to drive IT outcomes and facilitate the spread of technical and process competency.
- Design, plan and implement improvement, modification, or replacement of data center infrastructure components (servers, storage, network, security technologies) in support of IT outcomes
- Manage multiple improvement initiatives within and across clients
- Monitor and analyze infrastructure performance, availability and capacity to recommend enhancements to support current and future business requirements
- Establish standards for the configuration, installation, maintenance, operations and troubleshooting of infrastructure components.
- Provide service desk support via resolution of customer specific incident and service requests.
- Provide on-call rotational support.
- Administer equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Infrastructure asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Identify and participate in Service Delivery continuous improvement processes.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent IT consulting experience.
- 5- 7 years of experience in work related industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAN and NAS subsystems, Storage Virtualization (Block and File), in multi-site environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in VMware ESXi Failover Clustering, vSphere and vCenter in a multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing Microsoft systems (Windows Server, Active Directory) in a multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Cisco and WAN networking technologies (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless).
- Demonstrated proficiency with administering and supporting enterprise backup solutions,
- Certifications a plus for Cisco and Storage platforms.
- Experience with cloud based solutions considered a plus.
- ITIL experience considered a plus.
OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent time-management, communication, technical writing, presentations, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to quickly understand client’s goals and objectives.
- Strong customer service, relationship and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer relationships and billable utilization.
- Ability to conduct research into technology and process issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in and promoting a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ drive and attitude.
- Self-motivated and proactive in identifying areas of improvement.
- Able to be flexible with regards to shifting priorities, demands and timeline.
- Strong interpersonal skills: persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
A competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and 401(k) plan plus future growth opportunities within our company.
Why work at Xigent Solutions?
If you ask an Xigent Solutions team member why they work here, more often than not, the answer you will hear is “because I can make a difference.” We approach each customer engagement as a long-term relationship, not merely a transaction. We believe that the strongest, longest-lasting relationships are built on a foundation of trust, transparency, accountability, and always striving to do better, whether it’s our customers or our people.
Xigent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer