Are you passionate about delivering mission-critical network infrastructure with an eye toward maintenance, optimization and security? We want to hear from you. Xigent Solutions is seeking a skilled Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company’s and client’s network infrastructure. Primary duties will include:
- Maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems
- Performing disaster recovery operations.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
- Working closely with the users of our network to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of secure network infrastructure and network hardware; the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, WAPs and controller. An understanding of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. Reports to: VP, Service Delivery.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with client information technology associates to drive IT outcomes and facilitate the spread of technical and process competency.
- Implement and administer secure network solutions that provide core Infrastructure including private cloud and integrate with services and systems running in virtual private. and public cloud infrastructure.
- Develop technical network solutions and evaluate emerging technologies.based on analysis of client business requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot network / applications remotely.
- Experience in Wired/Wireless using 802.1x Authentication using Cicso ACS/ISE or ForeScout.
- Configuration of High Availability (HA) for inline Cisco ISE appliances and High Availability on VMware ISE for distributed setups with various node setups.
- Planning, designing and Configuration of various Policy Configurations, Profile Authorizations, End device Profiling, User Identities, Cisco ISE and AD mapping with various attributes and levels of authorizations and Network Access.
- Troubleshooting, Analyzing network connectivity and Application and URL filtering using Smart track viewer and Smart track monitor .
- Network Automation skills (Python, Ansible, GIT), knowledge of SDN & OpenStack are a plus.
- Technical expertise with Cisco vPC, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Link Aggregation (LACP), QoS, traffic engineering, IPSEC, ACI, OTV, LISP, multicast, data security, VxLAN, eVPN.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA, FTD, FirePower, Palo Alto, Fortinet firewalls
- Strong working and configuration knowledge on Cisco Umbrella.
- VMware: ESXi, VMware VSphere, VMware Workstation 8, VMware view, Virtual Desktop Interface is a plus.
- Network Tools: Microsoft Monitoring tool-Network Analyzer, Wire Shark, Packet Sniffer
- Oversee computer networks to maximize performance and minimize downtime.
- Continually research new technologies and educational opportunities.
- Manage multiple improvement initiatives within and across clients.Monitor and analyze infrastructure performance, availability and capacity to recommend enhancements to support current and future business requirements.
- Establish standards for the configuration, installation, maintenance, operations and troubleshooting of infrastructure components.
- Provide service desk support via resolution of customer specific incident and service requests.
- Provide on-call rotational support.
- Administer equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Infrastructure asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Create, revise, update, and maintain documentation of environment and operational procedures.
- Identify and participate in Service Delivery continuous improvement processes.
- Some travel and over nights are required.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent IT consulting experience.
- 5- 7 years of experience in work related industry.
- Professional certifications (CCNA Security, Cisco CCNP, Cisco Fire Jumper ).
- Experience with SD-WAN design, implementation and support (Viptela, Meraki, Velocloud).
- Expertise in troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing dynamic routing protocalls such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Experience with Cisco ACI (Application Centric Integration) technology implementation.
- Experience with data center technology planning, design, and support.
- Experience with network function virtualization (NFV) (ASAv, CSR1000v).
- Experience with 2-factor two-factor authentication (Duo / RSA SecureID).
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus and Catalyst series switches and ASR series Routers.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions considered a plus.
- ITIL experience considered a plus.
OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently while also coordinating project work and support functions with other team members.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service, relationship and management skills.
- Excellent time-management, communication, technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to quickly understand client’s business goals and objectives.
- Ability to create accurate diagrams and documentation (MS Visio).
- Experience with project and/or team management.
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer relationships and billable utilization.
- Ability to conduct research into technology and process issues and products as required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in and promoting a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ drive and attitude.
- Proactive in identifying areas of improvement.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities, demands and timeline.
- Strong interpersonal skills: persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
A competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and 401(k) plan plus future growth opportunities within our company.
Why work at Xigent Solutions?
If you ask an Xigent Solutions team member why they work here, more often than not, the answer you will hear is “because I can make a difference.” We approach each customer engagement as a long-term relationship, not merely a transaction. We believe that the strongest, longest-lasting relationships are built on a foundation of trust, transparency, accountability, and always striving to do better, whether it’s our customers or our people.
Xigent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer